Friday, May 01, 2009

Prolegomena

This is the first blog post for Epagonizesthai. For those who don't know, "Epagonizesthai" is a transliteration of the Greek word, επαγωνιζεσθαι. It is translated in English as "to contend earnestly", as in what is written in Jude 1:3: "contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.".

I've blogged a few times before in the past. My previous blogs weren't really about any particular topic. But this blog is going to be different. Most of my blog posts will be my thoughts on matters of faith. I will be sharing my musings on Christian theology, apologetics and world religions, especially as it pertains to the viewpoints of those of other worldviews.

Since this blog will be mostly about theological matters, I will be revealing little of my personal life, if I choose to reveal anything at all. It is my hope that through this blog, I will be able to express my ideas on the faith, and fulfill what is written in scripture:

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."
(2 Timothy 2:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment